Monday, April 21, 2008

Page 36 Case


Well, today I squeezed in some time to stamp. I needed a little push to get started. I checked out the challenges for today and they just did not appeal to me. So I randomly opened the catalog and took a color combo and a layout. My catalog opened to page 36. I did very few changes. I swapped out the stamp set for one that I had. It made it easier to actually make the card ;). Since my image was a bit smaller I did some piercing along the top. I moved the brads to the bottom and made it 3 since that matched the piercing pattern at the top. I use the piercing template to make sure my brads are straight. I did brush around the edges with Chocolate chip. The flower image is clear embossed over Chocolate chip craft ink. The butterfly is on a pop up glue dot. I wanted to use the poly-twill ribbon from the mini. I could not decide which color to use. Since they both fit, I used them both. :) I do not know why I do not just grab the catalog more often for inspiration...

Stamps: Essence of Love
Paper: Kraft, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Craft- Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Mat pack for Piecing, 1" circle punch, Old Olive Button, Cutter kit for distressing, Clear Embossing powder, Vintage Brads, Pop up glue Dot, Old Olive Poly-Twill, Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill

5 comments:

  1. Love the card! I'm so tempted by this set, but I'm afraid it won't make the catty. Great use of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout on your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to open up the catalog for that little bit of inspiration! This is one very pretty card. Love the punched notch with the button accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this set!!! I hope it makes it to the big fall book....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails