Monday, April 07, 2008

Bronc Ribbons



So today was the Technique Challenge. The challenge was to Stack Your Ribbons. As I was blurfing (surfing blogs, for those who do not know the term) this weekend I saw a card that used the wide twill. I cannot remember whose blog it was on so if it was you, speak up! I have so much of it as I tend to just use the two other sizes. So this challenge fit perfect for one of the many things I need to use/do more often. Since I started with such large twill I decide that I would layer 3 different ribbon. as I was cleaning my room this weekend I found that my Old Olive Twill had fallen behind the ribbon containers. I just had to use it so that it where my color theme came from today. I also wanted to do more than just layer so that is how I came up with the idea to put the last layer through the Jumbo Eyelets.

I included the second picture because it was hard to see that I stamped the background twice. I stamped it the first time with the Basic brown and the second time with the Vanilla Craft ink. The main image I stamped in the Basic Brown, wiped off the parts I wanted Old olive with a tissue and colored those with the marker. I roughed the edges with the Cutter Kit. I also sponged around the edges of the outside Chocolate Chip with the Very Vanilla Craft ink. I also used the Naturals Ivory paper, which is another thing I forget I have.
Stamps: Bronc Buster, Short & Sweet, Sanded Background
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Very Vanilla Craft Ink, Basic Brown, Old Olive Marker
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Large Oval, Small Oval, Jumbo Eyelets, Wide Twill, Wide Chocolate Chip Grosgrain, Old Olive Twill

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for the wide twill! I have to copy it! I also love how distressed the edges are. I normally just give it a touch with the cutter kit, but I love how it looks when it's really roughed up. TFS! ~:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blurfing right now and I am so glad to come across your ribbon stack! What a great idea with the Jumbo Eyelets! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, you've got lots of great ideas here. I hope to get to this challenge tonight. I have trouble using my widest twill so I'm going to have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the distressing on the paper!!! I just love this stamp set. Great job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these Debbi. I'm always looking for great "man" cards and these are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails