Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Distressed Butterfly


Ok, when I saw this sketch last night I was a little concerned about how I would make this work. I started by figuring I wanted to use some designer paper. So off to my stash I went. I love the Afternoon Tea paper! I used my Coluzzle to cut my ovals. The scalloped one I just went around the outside edge with the corner rounder (guide removed). I used the mat kit to do the piercing. I pierced 3 and skipped 3 all the way around curving as I went. The outside layer is the same size just without the scallop cut away.

The background was first done with bleach and then I used the Close to Cocoa. I did not want the stamp on the bottom to over power the butterfly so I just used the top of the stamp on the bottom edge. The center butterfly has a rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit and is popped up with a pop up glue dot that is cut in half. I used the rub-ons on the ribbon (another thing I've wanted try do off my list!). I did do some sponging around the Close to Cocoa Oval to give a little more dimension.

Stamps: Sanded Background, Essence of Love
Paper: Afternoon Teas DSP,Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava,
Ink: Bleach, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons, Pretties Kit, Wide Chocolate Chip Grosgrain, Coluzzle, Mat pack for Piercing, Corner Rounder for scallops, Pop up glue dot

6 comments:

  1. I agree-love it, nice job with challenge. I only got as far as printing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice take on the sketch! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Perfect for the sketch challenge!! Great job sweetie!!

    I nominiated you for an award....check my blog out for the details...www.stampingeverafter.blogspot.com

    Blessings
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the challenge! I absolutely LOVE what you did with it! Looks like a fair amount of work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow-gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails