Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Time Spent


So it is freezing outside so with today's Color Challenge I decided to put a little bit warmth. This again is the set that SU sent us as a gift this year. It will be available in the new January calendar as a hostess set. I stamped the big flower on the designer paper and cut it out. I colored the outside edge and spots with the marker. The center was colored and stamped again on the Old Olive and Summer Sun, cut out and mounted in layers. The flower its self is on a pop-up glue dot and the Center Old Olive is also. The Summer Sun Flower is just held on with a glue dot. I pierced around the outside of the large circle with the tool kit. I just puncture and shift the grid slightly as I turn with the tool still in the paper. I decided to put the words on the ribbon and stamped it with craft ink. It needed something behind, so I turned to my trusty punches. The retired accessory list comes out next Monday and I so hope none of my punches will be going away! I wanted to use eyelets in the corners but I did not have any the color I wanted. I could of made some with craft ink and embossing powder but I am having some ladies over tonight to make ornaments and need to get the laundry put away...so I cheated again and made faux brads with the double circle punch.
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery Prints Designer Paper
Ink: Basic Black marker, Black Stazon, Old Olive Craft
Accessories: Coluzzle Circle, Double Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Label Punch, 5/8" Celery Grosgrain, Tag Corner Punch

1 comment:

  1. Debbi, this is so pretty. It's amazing how differently we all interpret these challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails