Monday, September 22, 2008

T-Rex Thank You



So for today's card I went and randomly grabbed a Sketch challenge number. Since I had 2 sons have birthday's last week I have lots of Thank you cards to make. This is the first card in a very long time that I am happy with. When I went to layer the pterodactyl the circle punch I grabbed was too big. So I decided to trim it down by running it through the Big Shot, nope I could not go a day without using it.... I am loving the new In Colors, especially the Kiwi Kiss and the Tangerine Tango. No, I did not step out and use a non-Stampin' Up product to do the Scallop Rectangles. I've seen people attaching a few of the squares together and making the size they wanted so I decided to do this. Each of the dino rectangles are 2" x 3" so I ened up using 6 Scallop squares for each. Boy did my Stamp-a-ma-jig come in handy for this card!



Stamps: Prehistoric Pals, Think Happy Thoughts
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard
Accessories: Big Shot, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Pinches, Scallop Square Punch

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Debbi! Great job with the SAMJ and the scallop squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thank you cards! The boys who receive them will love them. Great interpretation of the layout and thanks for sharing the idea about combining the punches. Two birthdays in one week, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!! I LOVE it! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails