Thursday, September 18, 2008

Monochromatic Silhouettes


So today I needed to do an anniversary card. I am still playing catch up so this one will also go out late. I do have my Christmas cards designed but have not started yet. So at this rate I may be sending them out sometime in February. :) So today I decided to check out some of the challenges I may of missed over the past couple of months. I showed the page of challenges to my sons and let them each pick a challenge and a number. For the Ways to Use it Challenge it was to use a Silhouette. I have found that even stamping helps with my spelling. I struggled with that word but now that I use that set quite a bit I am getting better at spelling it. :) Another of my boys chose a Color Challenge. The Challenge for that was to do a monochromatic card. I love those! So that is how this card came about today.

I have always wanted to do the fabulous shadowing that I have seen used with so many of the silhouette cards so this was my chance. The colors photographed weird on this card. The designer paper is the exact colors that as used in the rest of the card, Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig and marker to do the Happy Anniversary on the Photo Corner Punch.

The card base is done in a regular size Always Artichoke. I scalloped the edge with the scallop edge punch and did the same to the card front. I cut a small strip to go inside the card to give it more of a layered look (after thought- I think I should of left the corners alone...but it is already in the mail).

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Hugs & Wishes
Paper: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Pattern Pack DSP
Ink: Whisper White, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Always Artichoke Brads

5 comments:

  1. love the monocramatic scheme. Christmas cards, thanks for reminder-got start those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Debbi! Love the double rows of scallops. Love the silhouette technique. BTW, you sound like me with the spelling =). I'm just glad Firefox has a built in spellchecker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love this set, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the white silhoutte of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned so pretty! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails