Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Basic Gray/ Snowman Ornament



So today's Color Challenge was to use Basic Gray, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. I had a hard time adding the Certainly Celery in there but the ribbon and the center of the Circle of Friend ship brought it together. The image is stamped in Basic Gray and colored with re-inkers and an aquapen. One of the great things about coloring this way is the more ink you use the darker the image and the more water you use the lighter the ink. I just had to add the brads on the bottom row. I love that we have so many co-ordinating colors of brads!

Stamps: Sanded BG, Winds of Grace, Circle of Friendship
Paper: Carbon DSP, Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Certainly Celery Grosgrain, Bashful Blue Eyelets, Circle Punches- 1/2", 3/4" 1"


Here is another pretty simple ornament.


I started with a large sized glass ornament. I stamped my image on a transparency sheet with Stazon Ink. I used my Whisper White Water color crayon to color the back of the image. I kept it moist with my aqua pen. I colored the front with Sharpie markers. I stamped the snowflakes with White Stazon Ink. I cut the circle with my coluzzle. I put a pin hole in the top and strung a fish line through it. I rolled it up and dropped it into the ornament. I used the line to straighten up the image and wrapped it around the top. I clipped the wires a bit that hold the top on. They were just too long and took away from the image. I tied some ribbon around the top and hung it up! You could add fake snow in the bottom too. I do not have mine out yet and it would of been a major pain to get to it yet.
Stamps: Wishing You Cheer
Paper: Transparency Sheet
Ink: White Stazon, Black Stazon, White Watercolor Crayons, Sharpie Markers
Accessories: Glass globe Ornament, Fish-line, Red Gingham Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Debbi,
    That card is just gorgeous. I love the color combo and layout. The ornament is darling. I just got mine out and stamped one and added ingredients for snowman soup in a bag and put it behind the image in the ornament. Hope the recipient likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* the snowman ornament! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails