Monday, January 06, 2014

2013 Christmas Card

Sorry, it has been so long since I posted.  I thought I had built up enough to last me through the Christmas break, but apparently I did not have them finished so you will see some of them later.  I had some major vinyl orders to fill and not much time to stamp for my own. I very much appreciated the orders and the extra income for Christmas!


This was the Christmas card we sent out this year.  I decided to go with a TriStep Card this year.   I love the vintage silhouette look and decided that would be my design.


I love to add a bit of pizzazz so the glimmer paper did just that.  I used my Sizziz Eclips to cut out my images and add shadowed images where I wanted them.  I was able to size them exactly as I wanted them for each layer in my computer program.  


You can adjust your dimensions to work for you.  I knew I wanted to use the O Holy Night stamp so I made sure my cuts fit.  I printed our names because there is no way I can sign over 100 cards.  My left side would not be usable for weeks if I had done that. :-)


Here is the measurements that I used for this card.  As I said they can be adjusted to fit whatever design you have in mind.  The solid lines are where I cut and the dashed lines are score lines.  So in this case I scored at 1", 2", 3-1/4", 4-1/2", & 6-1/2". The half way score for the fold on the main panel will be at 4-1/4".

If you have any questions please either e-mail me or leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.



I only had a few minutes to throw together a picture so I could get it picked up and in the mail.  I procrastinated big time about getting the picture taken and had 45 min to put this together and sent to have it printed so they would be ready to pick up when I got to town.  The joys of living 30 minutes from any store....Since my cards fold to be 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" and printed pictures come in 4" x 6"  I design in the 4" x 6" in MDS (My Digital Studio).  I used to just leave the excess area that I was going to cut off (so they would fit in the envelope) blank.  I had so many issues with printers expanding them to fill in the white.  So I started designing the cut off section.  I still just cut it off and throw it away but no more issues with the printer place changing the size or design.



Details:
Stamps: O Holy Night
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer
Paper Size: A2 4.25" x 5.5"
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Big Shot, Pretty Print  Embossing Folder, Sizzix Eclips, Pictures-MDS

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. Love the silhouette images. Your photo is gorgeous also, beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails