Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet Sweet Birthday

Since summer life is slowing down and time for starting school is drawing close I decided I can take some time a few days a week and make a card. So today I made the time to do the Sketch challenge.  I knew before I started that I wanted to use the designer brads in the center of the flower punch. When I was dusting my poor ignored stuff yesterday I saw the Tag Punch Die and so when I saw the sketch for today I knew I could incorporate that in to the card.  I think the top  looks like the wind is blowing around the pinwheel...lol. To do the pin wheel I stamped and cut out the dotted and solid and then offset layered them.  For the border across I wanted it to be Espresso but it needed some design, so I ran it through the Big shot with am impression folder and then layered it on a flat piece and it was the exact effect that I wanted.  I figured since I was going for  a breezy calming effect that a banner for the sentiment would fit the layout great.  

Details:

Stamps: Sweet for the Sweets, Bring on the Cake
Paper: Early Espresso, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Pocketful of Posies DSP
Ink: Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags Die, Basic Rhinestones, Perfect Polka Dot Impression Folder, 1/2" Circle Punch, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Designer Printer Brad

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the colors and the new designer brads. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails