Tuesday, August 09, 2011

In My Thoughts

When I saw this set I just had to have it.  I send my mother a card for her to use every month and this set just made me think of her.  I am not one who is very happy with coloring images so I usually try to stay away from this kind of sets but I know I will use it a lot and maybe improve enough in my coloring technique to venture on to other sets.


I was a very good girl and waited until the budget said it was alright before I ordered out of the new catalog so this is my first time playing with my new toys.  The things I just had to have was the Perfect Pennant Die, and of course the new Impression folders.  I love the Cherry Cobbler so it was an easy choice which color to get in one of the new ribbons.  I loved that the image fit in the 2-1/2" circle punch except when I was coloring the image I stuck my pinkie in the ink and it got on the paper. It was a blessing in disguise because I have had the idea of the heart pop out for a long time and it fit perfect over my smudge.  The pearls added the perfect touch to make the dots on the ribbon pop.

Card Details:
Stamps: Lean on Me
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Blush Blossom, Pool Party, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Hounds-tooth Impressions Folder, Perfect Pennants Die, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Basic Pearls, Small Heart Punch, Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Debbi, this is so pretty. I love your layout and pearls. Your embossing really stands out when used on part not all of the page. I'm gonna have to try this.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous - this set is on my wishlist for my next order - I love to color! I love the way you used the half pennant image as a accent with the 2 1/2 inch circle and the 3D heart is an awesome addition ... 'what booboo? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails