Friday, February 22, 2008

Bleached Sails


So today I was going through my left over cards. I always tend to prepare extras for workshops and then have some left over. If I have time I try to make them up the next day, but that does not always work out. If I do not have time they get put in a plastic shoe box to be completed later. This poor left over sat so long that the DSP that came with the kit had retired, along with some of the other aspects. So I decided to go my own way. I've wanted to emboss and bleach so that is what I did! I embossed the boat and used my Aquapen and bleach to color in the sails. I used the 1/4" circle punch to punch the holes for the ribbon. I wanted something different and it seems to fit. I also embossed the words and then punched them out. I bought this set because my 8 yr old loved it. I must say thank you to him again! The card measures 3" x 6" and will fit in our 6 3/4" x 3 /12" envelopes.

Stamps: Winds of Grace, Lots of Thoughts
Paper: Sahara Sand, More Mustard, Always Artichoke
Ink: More Mustard Craft, Always Artichoke Craft, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, More Mustard Grosgrain, Large and Small Tag Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Spiral Punch

10 comments:

  1. Great job!! I haven't used bleach in awhile, I might have to bust it out again. Love the masculine feel to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow-what striking card-and great way to add pizazz to the monochromatic look by bleaching-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful job, this set is on my wish list.
    sorry I missed you on my Su blog roll, I only did it by initial posting. I have updated everything now. looking forward to visiting.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply amazing! I love the bleaching technique and it's just perfect for this set. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I like how your tag is looped through the spirals - I never would of thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails