Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Autumn Birthday

I am sure in a fall color mood and I am sure that very soon the trees around me will start to change to match my favorite color scheme.  My son was in the need of a birthday card for one of his friends.  I made one yesterday (which is scheduled to post at a later date) with the Need for Speed set and he said " Mom, he is turning 11 not 7"...so off to the creative design thought process once again.  Thankfully I had the sketch challenge to day to fall back on and it worked out great!  I realized that besides the colors I really went out of my realm.  There is no big shot or sponging on any of the card.  His friend's family are big hunters so he picked out the set and I would not let him know anything I was doing until it was done....it met the approval of my soon to be (next week) 12 yr old son!

Details:

Stamps: Autumn Days, Pennant Parade
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Cajun Craze, Well Worn DSP
Ink: So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy (Pheasant's head)
Accessories: Early Espresso Baker's Twine, So Saffron Brads, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shape Punch Pack- Circle

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails