Friday, July 09, 2010

Get Well Ice Cream

What can make you feel better than ice cream?  I have seen a few of these in the gallery on Splitcoast so I tried to go as far back as I could find to give credit to the one that was posted first.  I did not go back and read how she did hers so I will just tell you how I did mine...I started with a Pacific Point card base.  I cut a strip for the scalloped edge (mine is turned over just a bit for a little extra dimension)  I then took a piece of  Whisper White cards stock and scalloped one of the edges making sure to start at a full scallop and not a half.  I cut my Pacific Point pieces with my Word Window Punch and glued them on every other one.  I then scored it right above the end.  I gave it 2 more scores on the awning.  On the first one I did not do a good job measuring how much room I would need for the cones so I end up doing some double dip cones to fill in the too much blank space.  My kids liked that one better but what kid does not prefer a double dip over a single cone?  So that one went the their friend who just ended up having an emergency gallbladder surgery.  The other one was sent to my brother-in-law who just had carpel tunnel surgery on the same day.  Anyway... I stamped the cones in Crumb Cake (Kraft) and then ran a Chocolate Chip marker around the outside edges After I stamped them on I  then place my impressed scalloped skirt right underneath the cones.  I did get this set in the clear mount and it was so much easier to see to get them all lined up, if not the Stamp-a-ma-jig would work great too.  I stamped the ice cream, cut them out and mounted them with Dimensionals for just a bit of a pop.  As easy as that!

Card Details:
Stamps:Sweet Scoops, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point
Accessories: Big Shot,  Perfect Dots Impression Folder, Scallop Edge Punch, Word Window Punch, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Debbi this is just darling in the blue. I love the extra scoops of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbi! I just started following.
    www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set! Now a follower
    www.melindasstampinfun.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are just beautiful.

    now following you

    http://www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I just love thes cards.

    now following you

    http://www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails