Friday, February 25, 2011

Build a Bear Surgeon

This was a super fun card to make. This card is going to my sister-in-law who is a surgeon. I had this idea after making her husbands card last month (Noah's Ark). If you can see the bottom of the Tulip Impression is not embossed.  All I had to do is let the edge hanger over the edge of the base before running it through the Big Shot.  If a bit did come through embossed then I rubbed it out with th bone folder on the back.  That way I did not have to stay within the lines.  I ran a dauber over the embossed areas to shadow them a bit more.  I cut the bill off of the baseball cap to get as close to a surgical cap as possible. The mask is made from the small oval punch layered.  The stethoscope is made from various edges of oval punches.  The ear tips are the bow tie cut in half from the Bearly Lovely Build a Bear Die.  The straps for the mask and the tie around the waist are very thin cut strips of paper and looped or tied (be very careful not to pull too tight when tying...not sure how I learned that)  I did cut a V in the front of the shirt and layered a white one behind it.  


Card Details:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sanded Background
Paper: Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp, Crumb Cake, Silver
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Build a Bear Die,  Beary Boy Build a Bear Die, Beary Lovely Build a Bear Die, Beary Essentials Build a Bear Die, Small Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Punch Pack Circle Punch



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So creative. Such an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - what people can do with the punches just amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, You are a true artist! This card is just amazing! She's gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I love how you made the scrubs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails