Monday, June 28, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma

I love working on this book.  I never got to meet my Dad's Mom as she died when he was just 15 yrs old.  I have been told by my Dad's siblings that we look very much alike.  This is the only picture we have of just the two of them. Doing this book makes me feel so much closer to her.  For those of you who have not seen my Heritage Room, take a look.  I love learning and teaching my kids about where they came from.  This was a fun page to do. If you have not yet learned how to put the picture into the punch shapes check out the Picture In Punches tutorial in the side bar under the MDS certified gadget.  I knew that I wanted a black black background for this page but when I clicked on black in the background paper it was more a gray than a black.  So I put a stamped image up and then used the color picker on the background paper which turned it a much richer, deeper black.  I used the Offset Stamping on the Life Happens stamp to give it a bit of dimension. I also used the Opacity bar to lighten the flourishes around the picture.

Digital Details:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:
Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Basic Black Brads
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails