Friday, January 15, 2010

Robot Birthday


My son has to leave for a birthday party tonight so I had make a boys birthday card.  I love this set but just am not very good at coloring line stamps in.  So I took another avenue and did the Stamp emboss technique.  If you do not know how to do this technique let me know and I will try to put together a tutorial.  I have seen the other effect that I did on so many cards lately that I just had to give it a try and I love the way it turned out!  You just use your slit punch along the edge and fold it over.  I just put a lighter piece of cardstock behind it after I folder it over. I do not know if you can tell but I did use the Big Shot with the Harlequin plate for texture on the Big Bashful Blue background. Well, I better get this boy ready for his sleepover.  Wishing you all a great weekend!!

Card Details:
Stamps: Lots of Bots
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Versa Mark
Accessories: Slit Punch, Silver Embossing powder, Circle Punches-3/4", 1", 1-1/4"
Signature

3 comments:

  1. I love your "metal" robot!

    And your slot punch border is a terrific choice to go with it.

    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - it did turn out really well! Great effect with that robot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to emboss the robot! And I love the slit punch border too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails