Thursday, September 10, 2009

Red Birthday

Well, after 15 states in 11 days (I had projects pre-posted for that) being home for 3 days and then leaving again for Labor day weekend, I am finally home! Things may be slower than usual here on the stamping front since we started home school on Tuesday. Since we took our #2 son to college I have no extra drivers in the house so I get to run to band and sports practices for my 13 yr old with my 7,8,& 9 in tow..so please bare with me!

For today's card I went to one of the challenges on SCS. It was to use red. Since I hardly touch the Bold Brights (and I find red the easiest of those to use) I decided to jump right in. I recieved my Holiday Mini order yesterday and had to play with some of my new toys. I got the Movers and Shapers Die for $10 after placing a $250 hostess order. I wanted it since it first came out but struggled with paying the $45 for it. I am so glad we have this special running right now. I just had to play with it! I love the Night and Day Speciality paper in the mini and it goes great with red, so I go t2 new things in.

I used the die to cut both the card base and the designer paper. I then used my paper scissors to cut away the perforated parts on the designer paper.

When using the die you also get the part that was cut out of the card so I used it as the background behind my sentiment. To give dimension I stamped the sentiment in Real Red and then ran the wide part of my marker around the outside edge. I put the Medallion Background on the inside as well as on the outside to bring it all together. I will also put it on the envelope so all will match.

Stamps: Medallion Background, Four Square
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Night & Day Specialty Paper
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black Marker
Accessories: Big Shot, Movers & Shapers Curly Label Die, Curly Label Punch, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon



Signature

2 comments:

  1. good one, like use of movers and shakers die and medallion stamp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails