Monday, May 05, 2008

Diorama Card

I hope you all had a great weekend! Today's technique challenge was to do a diorama card. The directions can be found here. May is a very busy card month in our family. We have sooo many birthdays and anniversaries it is hard to keep up. I spent a few hours Saturday morning making sure I had my cards all laid out for the month. I keep one of the clamshells from the background stamps on my desk. Either at the beginning or the end of the month I make a list of all the cards I need for the month. I try to get the envelopes all addressed, cards signed cards in them. Then all I have to do is drop them in the mail on the right date. Well, I was short an anniversary card for a very close friend. I do not think she will visit my blog before Friday, but if she does....Happy Anniversary Lisa!

I did leave out the center section of this card. After it was all done it took away too much. Plus since I framed the front box I wanted more depth and I did not want it to take away from the image. The image was stamped with versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. I removed some of the blue by painting certain areas with bleach in my Aquapainter. Then I was able to paint with re-inkers and the aquapainter. The sun was done by punching out a 1 3/8" circle in some scratch paper and sponging the color in. In order for the sentiment to fit I had to color with the markers. Originally the words are side by side and not one on top of the other. I also used the marker to remove the "you" from "Love you" to go on the outside of the card.

Stamps: Summer by the Sea, Short and Sweet, Hugs and Wishes
Paper: Bashful Blue, Basic Black
Ink: Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, Ballet Blue, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Garden Green, Basic Black
Accessories: Bleach, Aqua pens, Black Embossing Powder, Large and small oval punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails