Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Leaves







Well, I worked around the upload problem....guess I will have to find time to figure that out. I just had to take time today to stamp, it has bee way toooo long!  My 1st of 3 surgeries is scheduled in less than 2 weeks and I am trying so hard to get everything in my house ready for my re-cooping not to mention home-schooling and running the kids to all of their events.

  After not stamping for a long time I really struggled with this card and almost gave up a few times.  I got a new order from the Holiday mini earlier this week and it has been just wanting to be played with.  I had 3 different images on the front before I finally had something I would even post.  Good news is I now have 2 other images to use on a card in the near future. I had the idea to elongate the new Decorative label punch so I had it all cut and put together and just had to have an image that fit in that space.  Because I made such a busy background I wanted to keep everything else pretty simple.  I did not think the silver clip worked as well with fall colors, and I am just a gold girl...don't own much silver besides my SU! jewelry.  So I heated up the clip and dipped in in the gold embossing powder.It is looped through the ribbon and held in place with the glue dots.  I love the new Letter Press Plates!!!  I still need a bit of practice but they are so fun and add just the right dimension.

I love the cracked Glass technique with the fall leaves.  It is so easy to do and just takes a few layers of Clear Embossing powder and a freezer.

I better get back to work.  Hope to see you all again soon!!

Card Details:

Stamps: French Foliage, Sanded Background, Tiny Tags
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Versa Mark
Accessories: Crystal Clear Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Victoria Ribbon, Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Clip Assortment, Basic Pearls, Northern Trim Letterpress Plate, Decorative Label Punch, Big Shot, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack
Techniques: Cracked Glass


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! www.lovesrubberstamps.com
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help Debbie,

    I was able to view your lovely card on SCS gallery but when I clicked over here it's only a blank box with a red x. Images in your other posts are showing up just fine so I think its a problem with this post only.

    From what I saw on SCS its a wonderfully inventive card. Love all the new product it uses too. Very cool that you changed the color of the clip and I love the pearls as centers for the Letterpress image. Nice too to know that cracked glass works with the clear embossing powder.

    Thanks for sharing and good luck with the upcoming surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debbi, I can't see the picture of your card, just a box with a red X in it. :( Hope you get your problems fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Looking forward to following your blog from VA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cracked glass technique. Been meaning to try it; you've given me a little push. I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and taking time to leave a comment!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails